View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
H2O_Doc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 370Z, '12 4Runr
H2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirus View Post
This is correct and I will agree with you there in all your points valid as they are, and my bad for saying Better I should of said more concise and accurate. Warm often by many audio enthusiasts is coupled with 'muddied' As there is no direct frequency cutoffs being done accurately by the transistors or capacitors which are inline wired to the speaker on design. As opposed to a separate crossover with electronics pcb's to control that. I will agree the sound is decidedly warm indeed and if that is your looking to achieve. To each his own. I was merely making my observation based on the SPL dynamics I took in the 370z with both 6x9's installed and 6.5" components. And you are right, it's not fair that I say it like that. I apologize.
Well, you are largely right on the technical details for sure. Part of the challenge is tuning to what you listen to. For a broad suite of music, I'd say 6.5s. If I listened to classical or largely acoustical music in the car, I'd also say 6.5s. In the car, I listen to a lot of funk, old school rap, and classic rock. That's why I like it warm; and truth be known, it is a bend to the music that is biased to low freqs from the original source.
H2O_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote