View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 02:41 AM   #290 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlady_z34 View Post
will call/email stillen to make sure thanks. very tempting about this purchase
I can't be positive on the 370Z but I know for a fact that the G37 Stillen kit will bolt up to the factor mid-pipe flange. I know this for two reasons; first a buddy of mine bought his Stillen exhaust used and it didn't come with the y-pipe so he had to use the stock y-pipe, second I know several G guys that swapped back to the factory y-pipe becuase they weren't fans of the noise level with the Stillen y-pipe (believe all of them were female complaint issues of the car being to loud).

Based on my research in preparation for the BP kit it appears that the y-pipe for the G and Z are the same and to be honest it makes sense considering that Nissan would want as many pieces similar as possible to limit R&D and fabrication between the two platforms.

However, would be very interested to know from Stillen that this is in fact true.

While you're on the phone with Stillen, if it's not to much of a bother ask them what the specific differences between the G37 and 370Z Gen 3 intake actually are. I know the filters are different, but it'd be nice to know what if any the rest of the differences are. I've got a buddy with a Nismo and I'd like to pass my intake on to him once I go boosted.

Last edited by jwick; 01-12-2014 at 02:43 AM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote