View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
Thanks Jordo. Good to know. Not sure if I'll remove the baffle units and simply run a set of Z1 silicone breather hoses from the intakes. I'm a little concerned about how that might affect air flow … since the hoses are evidently fitted with "restrictors" (???).
The only restriction is the diameter change from the fittings on either side to the small plastic box. Unless the 90* bend itself is considered critical, I honestly don't see what it could be doing -- there's no internal butterfly valve, nor filter, or anything like that.

I'd just get the autozone 90* bend piece and call it a day. The Z1 set is nice for dress up and avoiding the possibility of inflexible plastic breaking, but otherwise, nothing special, at least as far as I can see.

If I have my old one lying around still, and can find it, I'll post a pic.