View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
dtul
Base Member

Drives: n/a
dtul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I'm assuming it will be a DD and you are fairly new to your job. I would go ahead and get the Z. If, in a few years, you want something else and still have the means to move up, go for it.

One thing that a lot of people forget to take into account is insurance. Call your agent and ask about the difference in insuring a Z and a GTR or 911. Since this is your first car, you are probably young and the cost of insurance for a sports car may surprise you.
Yeah, I am under 25 so insurance will be ridiculous. I do appreciate the advice, a lot of people forget about that. Originally this was going to be my daily driver, but currently I am looking at getting a Raptor, 4Runner, or Sequoia to be the DD and whatever car I get will be my fun car, so maintenance costs, etc. will not be as high. And I work for myself with numerous income streams, so I'm not worried about losing my income source unless the internet somehow disappears lol. Also if anyone has any recommendations on similar cars I am open to it. I haven't had much experience with cars like this beyond a buddy's R8 and my dads old 911. I may be overlooking a fantastic choice and not even realizing it.