View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #3270 (permalink)
V1H
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z-TT GT Edt
V1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roplusbee View Post
Is there any reason why you didn't go with the 3" version? When I was NA and had the 2.5" version, the exhaust note was something serious and I had the 18" resonators. Funny thing is that the the 3" non-resonated, it is quieter on a turbo setup. It is civilized until my DPs crack open, but that is another story..........
Yes I'm new here

Yes I've already heard Turbos quieten the car down, but that cannot be a reason for not going turbo. That's why I'll choose non-resonated X-pipe and non-resonated downpipes

Regarding 3", I was explained 3" is good for Turbo setups that go beyond stock motor capabilities. And that 2.5" and 2.75" are sufiicient, i.e. no bottle neck, for the GTM MHI TT kit.
Apart from that, I ever only found their 2.5" TDX offered on F.I. web page, not any 3" version. But more importantly, I needa keep cats for emissions and FI only offers 3" test pipes as downpipes, yet 2.5" HFC downpipes

Hence, 2.5"

Last edited by V1H; 01-11-2014 at 11:32 AM.
V1H is offline   Reply With Quote