View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 02:03 AM   #3267 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1H View Post
Hello,

The 2.5" true dual FI TDX seems the way to go for my GTM MHI kit. The entire exhaust looks just BEAUTIFUL

Wanted to ask what the U Bent O2 sensor non-foulers do. Do they prevent the check engine light from coming on, which would otherwise happen due to increased exhaust flow?

Secondly, how do the 300 cell FI cats compare to the 200 cell cats from the likes of Berk/Erz/Stillen? Even better flow? Would they mate to the 2.5" TDX CBE?

Thirdly, I find the resonated catback still too quiet and civilised. Therefore I want to go with the non-resonated X-pipe. But in my quest for yet a little more exhaust noise, would the carbon mufflers help over the SS mufflers or do they sound the same? What about the 4.5" resonated tips? Looking at the Saclam exhaust tips, one can see slits as if they were non-resonated. Might this trick give them this orgasmic F1 sound track? Maybe a small DIY job might achieve the same. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your advice
Is there any reason why you didn't go with the 3" version? When I was NA and had the 2.5" version, the exhaust note was something serious and I had the 18" resonators. Funny thing is that the the 3" non-resonated, it is quieter on a turbo setup. It is civilized until my DPs crack open, but that is another story..........
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote