View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
dtul
Base Member

Drives: n/a
dtul will become famous soon enough
Default Should I still get my Z?

This is kind of a weird post. I became active on this forum whenever I ordered my car back in October (car should get here next month) and I have truly enjoyed the community you guys have created. I haven't been crazy active because I just don't have much free time, but this is by far one of the top two forums I have had the privilege of being a part of. So thanks for being a great community and making me still want to get a Z just to be involved here.

At the time I ordered the car it was perfect for my price range, not expensive, but definitely not cheap either. All in all it seemed like the perfect car for my first car purchase. However, my price range has elevated slightly and it is highly likely that it will drastically rise over the coming months and I am starting to have second thoughts because I am worried I will immediately want something like a GTR or something once I get to that point, despite having just purchased the Z. I know many of you have experience with cars like GTRs, R8s, 911s, etc. and I was wondering what your opinions on those cars are in comparison to the Z. I know obviously those are better cars than the Z, but would it be smarter to stick to my original plan and just wait a few years, or do you guys think it may be wiser to cancel my ordered car and lose the deposit, at least for a couple months so I have a better idea what I want.

I know that this is a decision only I can make, but input is helpful. I've talked to my parents, family members, and friends about this and I get all kinds of conflicting answers. However, none of them are really car people, so you guys may have a better idea about what I would be getting into if I did have something like a GTR or a 911 for my true first car.