View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
paperboy42190
Base Member

Drives: 2007 Acura TL Type-S
paperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to all

370z projectors arent that bad, and thats coming from me. I have a TL with upgraded clear lens and osram CBI bulbs.
You may want to raise the aim of your projectors a bit like previous posts have said. Factory aim is kinda low and definitely hurts visibility. But don't aim it too high or you will blind oncoming drivers.
You should also check to see if your headlight lens is clear, having a lot of dirt and dust on the headlight will also block output. Or if you are having yellowing haze issues, a good polish will bring the clearness and shine back.

However if you really want more visibility, consider getting the osram SVS bulbs, those are the highest lumen HID bulb on the market and has been for awhile now. In terms of brightest HID bulbs, it goes from: 1. Osram SVS 2. Osram CBI 3. Philips 85122
Another thing to consider is upgrading to the STI-R clear lens for the projectors. A clear lens allows more light to pass through compared to the OEM fresnel lens.

If you are looking to someone to install the STI-R clear lens, hit me up, I have worked on many 370z headlights. You can also check out my work at www.facebook.com/headlightgarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
This guy however is the most insane knowledgeable guy on bulbs ever if you have questions! I did all the conversions of my OEM WRX bulbs to more powerful ones that you have to mod. For example the OEM low beam is a H11 with like 1100 lumens. But shave the tab down on a 9006 HIR and you have almost 2000 lumen.

CANDLEPOWER.COM

Candlepower Shopping Homepage
the 370z has HIDs stock, that website looks like it specializes in high performance halogen bulbs. While those are good, they still cannot match HIDs in output.
paperboy42190 is offline   Reply With Quote