View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #87 (permalink)
boomboom
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z
boomboom is on a distinguished road

I just finished up this mod and it was easy but there are a few tips i would add for rookies like me

1. When I attached the flanges to the bumper I used spin nuts on the opposite side of the screw so they won't loosen after time from driving vibrations and they fit way tighter when u use the nut or spin nut to secure the bolt

2. When doing the drivers side, the heater steel lines (I think thats what they are) have a black hard plastic holder that get in the way. Take that off, from what I can see the lines dont need this they were very stable without it. When this is out there is way more room to drill ur holes for that flange. To take that piece off just take the top bolt off then use a reg screw driver to pop the black plastic holder off, it will take some patience cause its locked on top and bottom.

3. I also found it easier to attach the hoses to the flanges on the car 1st then route them where u need them to go, zip tie them up a bit so they dont get in the way of the oil cooler on pass side (fins are very sharp could cut the hose) then attach the other end of the hoses to the bumper lastly.

I havent driven the car to see the difference yet cause its winter here but from my research this mod adds a lot for the $76 I paid in materials. I hope these tips help they are only to guide the guys like me that are new at this and need a lil more help.
boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote