Thread: Denver Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
HaPpYfAcE
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Touring
HaPpYfAcE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskracht View Post
I feel like I need to jump in here. Surfdog is definitely an experienced driver and modder, but his 2009 is different from the newer cars.

1. 2011's and above do not have a steering lock fuse to pull.
2. Most 2011's and above do not have hatch weights.
3. The hatch has no need for new springs .
4. The sound deadening is improved over the older cars, once you aren't running the stock Potenza's the noise isn't too bad.

Now as to shop mods, that's all personal preference, but you probably already know the joys and pains of modding your car.

I prefer to spend time driving my Z, for me its better mostly stock.

I hear Surfdog is a beast at the track! Hopefully I can make it out next year! Sorry I kind of disappeared for a while, school and work eat so much of my free time.
Yeah, I did a little research on the steering lock fuse and found that it doesn't apply to mine.

I didn't look for hatch info, so thanks for touching on that.

It is a pretty quiet and smooth ride, but on certain roads, these tires are just too noisy for me. I don't know what I will get when it's time, but I will figure that out when the time comes.

I'm definitely not new to modding. I just don't want to dump a lot of money into the car when it's still so new to me. Once the bug hits, i'm sure i'll change my mind about that, haha.
HaPpYfAcE is offline   Reply With Quote