View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #60 (permalink)
KyleBucket
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mercedes CLA 250
KyleBucket is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to KyleBucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ View Post
Nissan dealers are independently owned and operated. Nissan has very little control or influence over the dealers. If you don't like your dealer, go find another.....
Independently owned and operated, but where do you think they get their rules from? They don't pull them out of the sky. Joe Blow didn't open a Nissan dealership because that's the car he wanted to sell and made his own rules/prices/etc. Like JoePro said, there are still mandates they have to follow. Certainly, do some do things different? Obviously. However, just because one is willing to "bend the rules" to fit something under warranty doesn't mean they're doing their job properly. My mechanic even said "I could label it transmission, but when I send it back and they see it wasn't a direct cause...that's our ***. I can't do that." I respected his honesty. The higher ups, Consumer Affairs, are what killed it for me. Not my dealership. CA broke the camel's back. The phone conversations were a joke. An absolute joke. It was nothing more than a constant reading off a sheet of paper in front of them for answers they knew were crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
I hear you, trust me, when they did that ridiculous cheap lease on the c class they came to all the employees and showed us what we could get, I for a second almost did it last year, but I came to my senses...to counter your statement, we are car guys, we know what model is what, and the cost associated with them, the general public is not, they see brands... thus the stereotype, I only aim to guide and educate people, everyone must decide for themselves, I could have bought an evo x (or mustang...it was close) instead of my Z and had a hell of a lot faster car for less, but its a grocery getter that will literally fall apart, and I would be a s2k owner not a Z owner if I was for A) not being a fatass, and B) the Z car heritage, im a sucker for the 70's datsuns.
I would've been an S2K owner instead of an Si (and likely would've been happy with that and never looked at a Z) had it not been retired when I started looking for the Si. I wanted my first new car and there were no new leftovers for the S2K. I loved/still do love those things. Throw a hardtop on it, things are gorgeous. I can back the Honda statement. Honda treated me like gold and I knew my life with that car would be treated as such. It helped that I knew the salesman and he was a family friend now that we have bought 3 Hondas from him. He STILL sends me birthday cards every year, 10+ years now. That's customer service.

Last edited by KyleBucket; 01-09-2014 at 08:31 PM.
KyleBucket is offline   Reply With Quote