View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #4833 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Ok well let's assume he's a realistic person. The only two shows he could have meant were the Tokyo auto show in late Nov or Salon which started 2 days ago.

Nissan is showcasing the GTR Nismo at Salon along the same concepts it showed in Tokyo and Detroit. No new Z model. The Datsun 210 revamp, some ~futurecar~ electric, and the new nismo trims (Sentra, ~Maxima revamp etc).

Unless your implication is that Nissan is just going to randomly unveil a new Z in Tokyo later on this year with no press coverage, that doesn't make sense. Considering that the Z34 was a massive failure financially, I doubt they're rushing another one out the door. There just isn't a market for a car that costs 10k more than the competition's comparable models - pricing it well out of the affordable range of people who would want a low-mid range sportscar. It's a car for enthusiasts who aren't interested in the fastest quarter time or "kill" videos taken by obnoxious teenagers but doesn't have the snob appeal of a Lotus or a low-end porsche. There just isn't a place for it.
Nope, that's still not what I meant. No Nissan offical came out and declared that "we guarantee that the 2015 Z will make it's debut at the Tokyo Auto Show 2013". His words certainly implied that it would probably be there, but it was no guarantee or obligation. I have no idea why they didn't show it there or when they plan on eventually revealing it. It probably wasn't ready in time so they decided to pull it from the show. Whenever it is ready, I'm sure they will make an announcement and it will probably leak even before that. This way they just didn't have to make any excuses about it not being at the show because they never officially said it would be there.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote