View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
SmokeEater27
Base Member

Drives: Like OJ In A Bronco
SmokeEater27 is on a distinguished road

Hey everybody sorry about never getting back to this thread, havent really been up on here as often and honestly forgot i even started a thread on these springs. My apologies. The install of the springs should honestly take about 3-4 hours with the right tools and a good set of spring compressors. As far as installing springs the rear springs were probably the quickest of the set since they pretty much just sit inside of a perch, so thats what i decided to start with. To each is own of course. The tricky and PITA part was the front springs. If you have jack stands they'll definitely help or even better if you know someone who has a lift that they'll let you use then youre golden. Myself on the other hand had neither. I had two car jacks. I Didnt think the idea out fully and was impatient to wait to the weekend to install the springs and wanted to do it then and there. My process wasnt easy to say the least but it was my first time ever installing springs so I didnt expect it to be easy.

The hardest part out of the whole install was getting the springs compressed and off the strut and compressing the new springs to get back on the strut. I had probably the oldest set of spring compressors known to man that my father in-law let me borrow. I'd HIGHLY suggest renting a good set from advanced auto or auto zone or wherever. Compressing the springs can be a little sketchy atleast to me because in my head i had this image of the spring flying off the strut when i had to loosen the bolt at the top of the strut and ripping my jaw off. luckily it didnt; So i personally aimed it towards a wall because rather a hole in the wall then in my face if something was to go wrong. the install of the strut back in the car is a breeze once you get the spring compressed and back on it. I honestly watched a youtube DIY video of a spring install and read a thread up on here that a fellow member had written of the step by step process and it helped alot.

As far as the GT-S springs themselves go they gave me the exact drop I wanted. It was also pretty noticable right away that there was camber in the rear and in the front but nothing drastic at all that an alignment couldnt fix. So as some have suggested in other post you might want to get camber arms for anything more then a 1" inch drop. the drop rate from ARK was 1.20" for the rear and 1.40" for the front. In the front from tire to fender i had about a finger and a half of space and about two fingers of space from tire to fender in the rear. the ride is really good as well. A whole lot less body roll on the twisty roads or in my case twisty on & off ramps for the interstate. I do feel alot more planted/grounded to the road if that even makes sense. With these springs I have personally scraped on dips in the road and going up and down steep driveways so i do have to do the whole snake move and drive on an angle to prevent scraping. The black plastic trim under the bumper has taken most of the scrapes and not so much the bumper itself (base model). I havent gone to do a track day or anything yet so i couldnt really give my feedback on how theyll do on a track and the pro's and con's from that aspect.

Ive never done any type of review so if i missed out on anything or you have any questions that i can answer just let me know. I have only one pic on hand of my car with the current drop since im currently on my work computer and not my personal, if you'd like to see any other angles let me know as well. its a cellphone shot so not the best but it gives an idea of how the drop looks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user53688_pic74116_1386780473.jpg (35.5 KB, 617 views)

Last edited by SmokeEater27; 01-09-2014 at 02:07 PM.
SmokeEater27 is offline   Reply With Quote