View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSol View Post
That site says only for aftermarket intakes. I'm guessing this is because the OEM accordion hose has a female hole and aftermarket intakes have a male nipple welded on. If the OP has a OEM intake he will need a sleeve or connector to go into the OEM accordion hose and into the new Z1 hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
i just deleted those pieces for my intake install

just buy some rubber hose from autozone or something, its dirt cheap to get
The OEM piece is a restrictor. You're not getting any weird issues? I'd love to see a log or oil catch can or something that that restrictors supposed to restrict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerz View Post
Those are intake resonators and you can take them off completely. I took mine off when I installed my Gen 3's you will notice a bit deeper exhaust note at least I did with the stillens. As mentioned above you still will need to route the breather hose back up to the stock intake hoses or get the filters.

PM Me if you want to keep it stock I have mine sitting in the garage.
Resonators or restrictors?

OP, since you broke yours, can you cut it open? I'd like to see inside.