View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
Bridgestone RE 760. tire amazes me. I think it's a 50K tire, cheaper than re 050, and could not believe how well it did on track. Granted, you don't want to do heavy tracking on it, but there is nothing else you could ask of a HP street tire.

Looks pretty darn cool too.
Edit: you probably need to go to Bridgestone dealer to find it.
ive run RE760's on a different car. great tire as well, similar in price to the continental DW, but IMO for a DD, the DW is slightly better.

the DW weighs in at 24lbs front/27lbs rear versus the RE760 at 29lbs front/30lbs rear. savings of a measly 16lb . the sidewall on the DW is pretty soft, probably softer than the RE760, so it'd be a more comfortable tire, if thats what you're after at least. i cant comment on quietness as ive run the RE760 on a lexus (damn cars are so soundproof already!!!)

also, you cant beat continentals warranty. you get a standard 1 year road hazard warranty for FREE on all of their tires. never claimed it myself, but ive heard authorized resellers have no problems getting you a replacement tire for free, as long as its within the first year, and tread is at a certain level still
chops is offline   Reply With Quote