View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #3336 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtul View Post
Yeah, you are actually the first person I've interacted with that actually owns an SX3. When I bought mine the guy at Cabelas said it was the first one he had sold personally, and he wasn't sure if other guys had sold many either. It was surprising to hear that because all the reviewers rave about it, so I thought it would be pretty popular. My dad has a similar problem with his A5. It won't cycle about 50% of the time unless it is shooting #4 shot or heavier. Kind of a problem here since ranges won't let you shoot anything more powerful than 7 1/2.

I'd take a look at the SX3. The 870 is fantastic, but the SX3 is great too and it's a semi-auto. I love my pump, and you can't go wrong with either, but I've began to prefer the semi-auto since I got it.
Totally agree, first person I've talked to that has an SX3, and you're probably the only one, lol. No idea why they don't fly off the shelves... And they're fairly priced.

The SX3 is sooooooooooo fun to shoot. I can unload 5 rounds quicker than... Well... REALLY quickly, lol
But the 870 is easier to modify, a TON of different parts, and the gun is tried and true. I'd NEVER go with any shotgun lower than an 870.
That being said, I really wanted an 870 pump shotgun (always had semi autos, 11-87 and such,) but mainly for the awesome sound (reverse door knock)... Walked out with my SX3. It's lighter, it wasn't too much more, it has less kick, it's been just as reliable so far, the hardware and outer barrel coating doesnt rust ever, and good god almighty can that thing cycle rounds. As fast as I can pull the trigger it will shoot. And i shot a deer with it too, so no complaints all around.