View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #216 (permalink)
puckshaw
Track Member

Drives: 09 PW 370Z Touring
puckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
The power tapering off so early with this dyno is strictly due to the way the car is tuned. This is the firs dyno (out of about ten) where the power starts to fall off. VVEL is the reason boost falls off a bit, but as long as power is going up, there is nothing to worry about. This is straight from one of the best tuners out there. I think this tune is simply very conservative in the upper rpm's, and a bit aggressive to start with as the torque is high. Of course each tuner will have a different power/torque curve. It is like a signature, despite the fact that both engine and turbo kit are identical.

Yeah I looked at one of the VSR dynos this shop tuned and it's similar in the upper rpms. I think he just dials it back a bit. As for the torque, it is high but comes on smooth which I feel is safe.

On another note, this car goes like a raped ape. I just took a friend for a spin and was giving it the beans on the highway. Accidentally spun 4th gear lol Damn this thing is fun but takes a little finesse to drive fast. I'm getting used to rolling into the throttle and putting the power down better. It's just so cold right now that traction is scarce. I thought I could hammer 4th without worrying about it but nope haha