View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #794 (permalink)
SPQR anTMan
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z 6MT
SPQR anTMan is on a distinguished road

I bought a 2009 370z MT (touring w/ sport) with 22,000 miles about a month ago. I read this forum a lot before buying. One of the very first things I did when I bought the car was pull the steering lock fuse to prevent the issue.

I was driving my car tonight and the Intelligent Key Light came on. I'm not sure if it was on from the moment I started my car or came on while I was driving (if that is even possible)? However, it comes on now every time I get in my car or start it up (and stays on). I've messed around with it tonight and the car turns on every time without delay. But, I'm scared now it might not start at any given moment and I'll be stranded...

Some things to note: The steering wheel does not lock, when I turn the wheels with the car turned off, so I believe I pulled the right fuse. I have tried my spare key, the light is still on. I have also tried putting both keys in the fob 'slot', the light remains on.

Is it possible the steering lock has failed, but without the fuse the car will continue to work? Or do you guys think this is just something else other than the steering lock? I plan on taking it into the dealer tomorrow to see what their computer says... But from reading this forum, I'm not even sure I'd want the new SLU rev d... I just hate having the Intelligent Key light on when I drive.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
SPQR anTMan is offline   Reply With Quote