View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
jooonnn
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo
jooonnn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmDZ View Post
I do have 10.5" in the front and want to go with a wider tire setup in the future. I did shortchange the size a bit but it still felt great on the track and from the wear on the tire it looks as if I've maximized the contact patch just fine. Again I am NOT saying this is ideal or that everyone should run this but simply that this is MY experience with MY setup thus far. The biggest difference I've noticed is that with the wider front tire vs the stock 245 the turn in is fantastic. Felt like I had to fight it a bit when I was autocrossing on the RE050's.
I realllllllllllllllly want to go with a 295/30/19 (or even a 305/30/19 MUHAHA jk) on the front and rears with my new square setup. I feel like that would be square enough on the wheels and short enough on top to minimize inner fender rubbing. I'm just worried about "inner suspension/brake" clearance as it says on the rim and tires calculator online. I have no idea what that means and how that affects the front.