View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, let me just say that this board is awesome ! You guys are a wealth of knowledge, esp for someone like me that is a complete tech idiot ! THANKS

Yup, that's definitely me in the pic... that was the 2nd run of the day from the time and the fact that I didn't have more tire parts stuck to the front of my car ! here are some more:
HPDE 3 1030AM - HW9D7933
HPDE 3 1030AM - HW9D7932
HPDE 3 1030AM - IMG_2862
It definitely looks great ! got lots of attention - I think ppl were surprised to see it. Should be videos up on the az club racing site next few days.

FYI I got around the 924 and the boxster but the nissan 240 pwnd me ! I was passed by a heavily modified 996 and a 997 turbo throughout the day but I passed more cars than got by me.

I thought the brakes were good ! my boxster s had tremendous world-class pedal feel but it didn't stop as quick as the z. I don't recall any fading, but coming out of the nascar straight onto turn 1, I remember that I was often overbraking there and getting a little rotation... a bit unsettling at 90mph... it could have been me putting too much pressure, but it never happened in my porsche so i doubt it... guessing it was uneven pressure being applied to one or more wheels... it was manageable though... I plan to try racing pads (endless ?), but overall the brakes will be the last thing I upgrade. would appreciate a recommendation on pads - this car will be 80% track, 20% street for next 12 months.

DDM, you can be almost certain you're going to run into this overheating issue... please update us after your track event. Good luck and have fun !
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote