View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #694 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby1113 View Post
I know this is probably a dumb question but I have to ask. Should I be worries even though I don't lock my steering wheel? I barely have 25k miles should I take it to the dealer and ask if they can replace it? Any clue if there was a recall for these? Should I pull the wire even though the car still has warranty?
It's an automatic lock. If your steering wheel is not locking when you turn the car off then you either: don't have an ESCL, or yours has already been disabled, or you got lucky and yours failed in the fully unlocked position.

There is a TSB (similar to a recall but not considered as serious) out for the ESCL on earlier model 370Zs. Call your dealer and/or look through the info at the link in my sig to see if you are covered under the TSB. I don't know how warranty affects TSBs.

I recommend that you disable the ESCL, even if you have a Rev D. I pulled the fuse but there are other methods (see link in sig for links to DIYs).