View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #36 (permalink)
waaaasabi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10 Civic (FG1) 5AT
waaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
Cars never get broken into here. We had a crime wave in 2004 - someone put a quarter in the macine and stole all the newspapers.

But If I can lock the center console I can have peace of mind.

Yes I can relocate stuff to the glove box but it is a PITA. What started as an ipod is now ipod, usb drives, charger, a spare $20 bill, reading glasses, business cards, and about $4 in loose change. And when I take out one thing it all shifts.

Ever go out and forget to lock the front door? Do you worry all day? Is everything okay when you get home? Same thing.
Mmm, I work in the security field (though more for 'asymmetric' threats), so I can understand and appreciate the need for "peace of mind." But I also agree with the others here that the cost might be too high in comparison to the alternatives, and ultimately, it may prove to be too obtrusive. But hey, if it makes you happy, more power to you to getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice97 View Post
LMFAO

Are you serious. LOL peace of mind.
Not a high crime rate and it takes this to give you peace of mind.

And no I don't worry all day because everything I have is insured everything digital is backed up by carbonite and all images are scanned and backed up and I am not sentimental about my old baseball caps.

Holy cow you are one paranoid individual.
Sorry this thread is just silly now.
This is actually a fairly commonplace concern, even if you don't think it's legitimate (from a realist standpoint, people will always seek additional layers of security, however redundant) - but, if you want truly paranoid, look at the doomsday bunker folks...