View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by After_Shock View Post
Thanks for the pointers. Yeah will deffo raise them a touch to start see if it helps enough.

But I agree the light output is definately down on other HID's, even just parking it next to the Volvo's we have at work can easily see the brightness emitted is higher on those without factoring in light levels. Likes of some of the new Mercedes seem to be far far brighter at night.

I just want to be able to see where im going lol
does the volvo have traditional halogen lights? if so, thats a given unfortunately. halogen lights are designed to throw tons of light forward, in no real particular manner. the reflectors are aimed to an extent, but they just throw alot of light forward. thats it. your HID projectors in your Z are designed to throw lots of light far, and wide. this gives you more visibility in reality, but it appears to be less bright, because it is not as focused as a halogen throwing as much light forward as possible. instead, the projector is trying to spread as much light as possible over a wide area

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameeljoker View Post
I've read that the CBI's don't work well for some people with the 370 ballasts, anyone has had good experiences with them?
its really hit and miss. i experienced the same issues as everyone else, one bulb always not firing on the first try. id have to turn the lights off, then flip them on to get both lights working again. after a month of driving, it stopped. not sure why, but ive never had any issues aside from that very first month or so.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote