View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Disclaimer: Greddy Twin Turbo kit and Fast Intentions TT-TDX (3" exhaust) has been installed for just shy of 2 years now.

I have an 09 NISMO and an 04 Tahoe (maintaining it for someone who is stationed overseas). The Z is my DD, of course. My commute to work/base is about 10-15 mins in traffic. Below I will list the good and bad.

The Bad:
- I see between 12-15 MPG and roughly 230-250 miles per tank if I am only doing stop and go traffic.
- Less than perfect roads make the ride significantly less enjoyable.
- I get a mass of unwanted attention from ricers, muscle (or wanna-be) car drivers, and law enforcement.
- Unless I am on a pretty perfect road, the noise level makes use of my hands-free mic (my bluetooth headset ha better noise cancelling) useless.
- It is very easy to scrape the undertray without using skill that you will quickly learn driving a Z34.
- To "rotate" your tires, they must be dismounted and installed on the other side. That being said, the rear is where this is more necessary than the front because of camber wear.

The Good:

- I see about 25-30 MPG on the highway and roughly 470-500 miles per tank on road trips.
- The Z is very nimble and displays very good manners and predictability.
- Sometimes you get the good type of attention.
- The engine and exhaust performs a symphony when driven in a spirited manner.
- I can carry my duffle bag, ruck sack, full fighting load, and 2 backpacks in the hatch area. Takes a little planning and being good at tetris, lol.
- It's a 2 seater. That means I don't have to cart people around.
- I have a super cheesy grin on my face every time I drive the car. This outweighs all of the undesirables to me!

There are some things that I have not mentioned, but there are some things that you will like, dislike, or just ignore.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote