View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #335 (permalink)
pokeyl
Track Member

Drives: ???
pokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
tonight we put the diff cover in the CNC to get exact locations for the bolt holes, etc.

After programming the locations into CAD, we played around. We have 2 drains, and 2 fills at the stock height. While there is added displacement, until we measure the stock cover (from fill plug down), i cannot compare.

This is totally open for suggestion. This was just the preliminary results of messing around, and I am sure the part will change a lot before we machine it.

So, looking for feedback on this!

Got some mild cooling fin work there... theres not much airflow in this location but even those fins more than doubles the radiant surface area in the location.

Some of the radius are unrealistic to machine in, and the thing might look a little more boxy before its said and done.

Anyways... some of the first steps have been taken!

I know I said I would post a new thread yet... but I guess I am not ready to take on a ton of attention for this right now. I would rather have a more solid footing.
After looking at this, I would like to see a 1/2 - 3/4 inch spacer and the stock cover??? If there is more room under car a full inch? It would keep the cost down