View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #332 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by takjak2 View Post
This thread needs to be split so we don't distract from your excellent Road Race Fuel Pump.

I'm not sold on the value of making a new diff cover. I think the Nismo version is sufficient. Are extra bungs really going to make that much of a difference? Diff cooler setups work fine with the stock bungs. It's easy enough to add a T if you want a temp sensor.

Sure, I would pay a 25% premium over the Nismo cover for a nicer version; maybe even 50%, but that doesn't even get us to $200. And it's a pretty small market to compete against an existing part.

Or look at the Grand-Am teams. They have a much much larger budget and they have not seen a need for this. Love your stuff phunk, but I don't think this one is worth your effort.
The problem is that there are no nismo diff covers. Try buying one tomorrow-they don't exist, and haven't existed in months. Nismo USA doesn't give 2 sh1ts about anyone of us is what it boils down to. If they did, they would be making the f-ing parts we need to make this car go faster. They are focused on the GTR market not us. If they were smart they would warranty replace the oil cooler problem and then build a nismo turbo kit. but when your golden boy and your marketing department suck at fast, just expect to get pimped.

I'll buy a diff cover with some extra cooling capacity tomorrow for 450 from anyone that can send it to me because it is holding up my LSD install.

Last edited by GSS138; 01-06-2014 at 10:02 PM.
GSS138 is offline   Reply With Quote