View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonnn View Post
Hey chuck im a bit new to this to but from what im learning from this thread is that you would need front camber arms AND one pair of toe bolts to utilize these springs with alignment adjustability. You would not need new camber arms for stock alignment settings. Does that sound right?

Lastly, Would you need two sets of the toe bolts for oem rear control arms (if so, why) or just one? Thats the last part thats confusing me when the z1 site mentions camber arm and spring perch locations.

Again all hell would be greatly appreciated! Im here to soak up all i can learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're only going to do lowering springs, front camber arms are not really necessary. Rears aren't completely as lowering springs don't lower you enough to take you dangerously out of alignment... But they're a good idea.

You would only "need" rear camber arms and toe bolts due to them being adjusted from 2 separate locations that interact with each other. The fronts being a true coilover setup would just need front camber arms if you wanted.

The reason for this is the stock arms offer very little, if any, adjustability.

You will only need toe bolts for the rear. The front is a different setup.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote