View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
The conventional wisdom is to never buy a 3rd party extended service contract.

If you really want one, buy the Nissan Factory extended service contract.

Santa Rosa Nissan is California has the lowest price on these that I know of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Personally, I would only buy an extended warranty through the manufacturer. when you run into issues, coverage is seamless. Just pay your deductible and forget about the rest. It seems like third party warranties are hit or miss though so I would say don't get it.
I got the Nissan Platinum package from Nissan of Santa Rosa. They are a bit slow with the paperwork, but I was able to verify with Nissan that I actually had the warranty before the paperwork eventually arrived.

For me, this car has way too many expensive components to gamble with. I plan on keeping my car a LONG time, so that's a big factor in the decision. One big failure will pay for the warranty quickly. Been there, done that twice in the past and will never do it again.

It's all a matter of personal choice.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote