View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gadgetech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: The Short Bus
Gadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond repute

Ask your dealership to show your the screen that lists out the bank options. I can tell you that with NMAC the rates are tiered, not to say others aren't, but I would ask them to explain how they came to that rate. If you are A tier, NMACs A tier may actually be 2.99%, all depends on the month, and they are not giving you the lowest rate. If the F&I person is experienced, they can tell you what your best options are. Also know that depending on where you are in negotiation, they may have decided that you using their financing options is part of the deal so they get a larger kick back. Just make sure you state your position and clarify that the price is out the door regardless of financing options.

RE better rates - Credit Unions can offer very aggressive rates but sometimes banks are lower depending on what business they need. I think to get the best rates from a CU, you need to be a member which means opening an account if you don't already have one.