View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #2543 (permalink)
ZeeRedZ
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
ZeeRedZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
I think a lot of vendors are guilty of posting "release" or similar threads well before the products are actually ready. Perhaps the moderators could develop some rules for forum sponsors so as to not unintentionally mislead folks. In my opinion, there should be no "release" thread until a product is on the shelf and ready to be sold. For example, this thread is really more of a "development" thread and/or group buy pre-sale thread. Just look at how much has changed since post #1. I think this may also help to set expectation levels for all the eager gear heads running around here.
You make some very good points and suggestions which I agree with as I have seen this strategy used by many vendors. I think many vendors use this pre-release strategy with a group buy to generate a source of income to continue doing research on a future marketing program such as was done here. It is clear from the many posts that GTM is continuing its research program which may or may not be in the final stages of development. I was very interested in this project but took a wait and see position and am glad I did.

Last edited by ZeeRedZ; 01-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.