View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #104 (permalink)
crystalline
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370z
crystalline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by visconti View Post
Just saw this thread so I thought I would jump in here.

MASS has changed how they handle state inspection now.

They are now keeping record of the ECU ID in your car.

There are SEVERAL ECU IDs for each year / model. Nissan has flash updates all the time and from what I've seen.

UpRev doesn't support all the ECU IDs for tuning, when there's several revisions to a ROM they often support the latest version (which totally makes sense).

For example, a 2012 G37 Conv has 1VZ2D, 1VZ2C, 1VZ2B, 1VZ2A for ROM IDs

UpRev only supports tuning for 1VZ2D, because it's the latest known revision.

If you live in MASS and have been through inspection before getting tuned and had ROM ID 1VZ2A , then a year later come in tuned with 1VZ2D, MASS will give you a hard time.

I dont know what UpRev can do about this, but I can tell you EcuTek supports all ECU revisions for tuning, when you get your EcuTek tune make sure you tell your tuner you live in MASS and want the tune delivered in the same ROM as what's in your car now

Hope that helps!

John
The way I understood it, and maybe you can clarify, was that MA knows which ids are allowed for the car. IE if you had 1VZ2D, 1VZ2C, 1VZ2B, 1VZ2A from your list and you were a 2012 G37 you were ok and would pass. However, I was told if its an unsupported/unknown ID like a euro tune, something not normally associated with the car, it would trigger a failure. Could you clarify at all? It would just be strange that having the ECU repaired/updated at the dealer or a shop on any make/model of car could trigger a trip to MAC. Obviously some of us have something to hide (IE removed emissions equipment) but 99% of the people that auto failure would catch would be stock.
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote