View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 04:02 AM   #2537 (permalink)
Alkatraz
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Skyline 370GT
Alkatraz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1H View Post
Thx very much guys for the insight.
A statement from Sam/Mike would be helpful as to whether there is still hope for the MHI kit or not. I wouldn't mind waiting as I still have a little saving up to do ;-)

But obviously, if there was no hope for GTM I'd be looking for alternatives (for RHD that is)

...Actually thx for pointing that out m8, I wasn't aware there'd be a difference btw LHD & RHD.

Cheers
It will come out eventually, i dont think that anyone is really questioning that. The delay isnt really even that rediculous yet its just that GTM's communication is sorely lacking which opens them up to all sorts of attacks whether accurate or not. I've waited way longer for cars parts in the past after being told that they wouldnt take long so its not something unexpected to those who have been down these roads before. **** happens, its how you deal with it that matters and ynfortunately GTM havent dealt with it very well at all which is a real shame.

GTM are the only ones that I could find that have supplied bolt on kits for RHD vehicles and can guarantee that they will fit. Its a shame that the other kit developers arent big enough (yet?) to take on the extra costs of testing for RHD's. They might find that the required changes to their kits are very minimal, who knows. I wouldnt want to be the guinea pig thousands of miles away though :P

You could always take a chance and get a local shop to make any required modifications but that could lead to all sorts of issues down the track i guess.