Thread: Finally!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ryu
Base Member

Drives: TSX
Ryu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka2581 View Post
1st off dont go knocking the base! I have a base and to me there is no point in getting a sport package. I intended on changing all the parts out with better upgrades, (why would I pay twice for parts) But if you are not planing on doing much mdding I would go with the sports package. And I would not settle for the BRZ...
haha sorry! Yeah, I have no "intention" of modding it so I think I would be better off with the sports package, though the base is more affordable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab864 View Post
The BRZ is a nice car... it was my second favorite after driving every sport and muscle car under $40K. But it is too slow. It badly needs a turbo. If it came in an STI model it would be a real player. Until then, I'd stay away. You will get bored with a NA 2 liter motor. The Z lacks a little in driver feel but over all performance and especially straight line performance is a whole different level. Nissan just lowered the MSRP on '14's by 3K mostly to compete with the BRZ. For low 30's you can get a '14 base Z with the sport package. You get a lot more car for you $$$ with the Z. A limited BRZ is close to 30K and it needs a $5K Vortech and then it still wouldn't have the balls of a stock Z. Good luck with your choice. I struggled with the same choice in September last year and choose the Z. I'm glad I did.
I agree with you, I test drove both cars and fell in love with the Z. Although the BRZ is nice, only thing is the power. Felt like a dog. But both cars have their pro's and cons which is what I'm looking into right now. Also, I think the Z is at the end of its cycle so I'm not sure when the new model will be coming out.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote