View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #1726 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
While installing a turbo kit on the 12+, i would do myself a favor and replace pipe #13 with the 09-11 pipe. They are cheap, I think under $50 from courtesy parts?

This would eliminate the need to block off the forward facing pipe, as it does not have that pipe. Just a little bit cleaner is all.
Plus, while it is off, you can cut off and weld shut the throttle coolant barb. To eliminate the other end of the throttle coolant, you can pull out the press-in barb on the aluminum rear coolant outlet housing. A 1/8 NPT tap fits in the hole. Put in a stainless 1/8 plug. This is what I did to eliminate the throttle coolant in my car without doing a messy bypass hose. (bypass hose is also allowing some water to bypass radiator after thermostat is fully open, slightly reducing cooling system efficiency)

Doing it this way would be a clean and easy way to cleanup all the coolant line mess. Tested and proven setup in my car for over 2 years daily driven, even in sub zero weather. For a 09-11 this takes care of it. For the 12+ you still need the fast intentions supplied blockoff plate and whatever fittings to attach oil cooler plate in replacement to stock heat exchanger.
Hey buddy, Happy New Year! One problem with eliminating pipe #13 on a 2012+, I circled it in Blue on the picture below. This open barb has a line that goes to the expansion tank. The expansion tank is completely different on the 2012+ so this line has to stay. Technically #12 could go. As shown in the picture below, we opt to cap it instead of removing it. I know that I earlier stated that we would use a block off plate like what comes on the 2009-2011 however I have changed this thinking. It will be too much work for the average person to take #12 off and put a block off plate in it's place due to the driver side exhaust manifold being in the way. We want to simplify the Oil Cooler Kit install as much as possible so we went the other route as shown in the picture below. I have since updated my Oil Cooler Kit picture from post #1700 to reflect the proper parts that will come with a 2012+ Oil Cooler Kit from us.

As for the block off plate, we have 2 applications where it is needed.

Application 1
2012+ 370Z running our Long Tube Headers. As we have found out through installs, pipe #12 interferes with our driver side header sitting flush against the cylinder head. Basically, one of the header tubes makes contact with the line before the header flange mates up. Removing pipe #12 during a Long Tube Header install is a breeze! You now have three choices to make.

1) Remove the 2012+ OEM coolant recirculation system and run nothing.
2) Run an aftermarket Oil Cooler Kit (FI recommended)

Or go with...

Application 2

Below you will see a few pictures that showcase our fix to be able to run the OEM coolant recirculation system and FI Long Tuber Headers. Keep in mind, this only needs to be used in conjunction with our LTH's. Though an Oil Cooler is recommended opposed to this, we wanted to offer a very affordable option. This line comes out of the driver side of the engine block, swoops along the bell housing, underneath the power steering lines and plugs into the back on pipe #9.

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote