View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
1_Stealth_Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 PG 370Z 6MT
1_Stealth_Z is on a distinguished road
Default STS turbo problems...FML!!!

Ok so on the 16th of this month went to lunch the car was driving fine. After I leave the restaurant the car was running with ZERO boost. So I go to a local shop and have them look for the boost leak, they find an exhaust gasket has blown out and that's what the tech blames the leak on. Since I was going to drive through Atlanta the following day so I was going to go to Z1 and get the gasket replaced. I get the car back and start driving home, at this point I realize something is going wrong because when its supposed to start making boost it sounds like a whining or squealing noise. By the time I get to my neighborhood I look in my rearview and a whole bunch of smoke is coming out whenever I accelerate, then an audible tone comes out of the car which Ive never heard before. I finally get to the driveway and just turn the car off and walk out of it, my entire rear bumper is covered in oil and its pouring out of the exhaust tip and the pressure switch on the turbo oil pump.

So I get it towed back to the shop who claims that the pressure switch cracked and I get them in contact with STS to get the issue fixed. 2 weeks and 1200 dollars later I get the car back and it still makes the noise like a damn space ship coming out of my car with no boost, but no oil leak. They replaced the gasket on the test pipe already so I know that what the tech thought was the problem wasn't it. Oh and they said the muffler tip "fell off" during a test drive and got ran over by some truck...

My question overall is what do you guys think? I never had the turbo make this noise till they got their hands on it, and after replacing all this stuff why would they give it back with no boost being made still?