View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #88 (permalink)
B1nks
Track Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Base 6MT
B1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond reputeB1nks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I think B1nks was responding to NIZMOZ's assertion that "Sounds to me like Sharif is making excuses" when he stated that he doesn't think Sharif is screwing me. So I just wanted to be unequivocal in my agreement with him is all.

As for your theory about this being a coldstart safety feature, sure it's possible. But whatever it is, that doesn't mean we can't desire for UpRev to find a way around the 'feature', if they can. Unlike you, I never experienced this behavior in my car prior to the tune. So if it's a safety feature responding to a perceived problem, it's a perception that didn't exist in my particular car prior to the tune. Does that mean there really is a problem that now exists as a result of the Uprev flash? Or that there is no problem but the Nissan ECU is now confused? Who knows. But time will tell, after Uprev does their investigation. On the off chance that they say this the way it is, we have to live with it, I'm prepared to do just that. But at least people will know what to expect with Uprev tunes for this car moving forward.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I too did not experience this problem prior to the flash on my stock settings. I'm hoping UpRev chimes in sometime today with any sort of news. Semtex do you know if Sharif has contacted UpRev about this yet ? I would assume he has but if he hasn't I will just to let them know what's up.
B1nks is offline   Reply With Quote