Thread: Koni shocks
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
PEPI
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Sports 6MT
PEPI is on a distinguished road
Default Koni shocks

Belated Merry Xmas folks,

I mentioned a while back I had shocks 100,000km travelled (these are mated to Pedders Sportsryder coil springs - very stiff ).
Well I am looking at changing the shocks.

I did some research and found that Koni Yellow adjustable shocks would be the best match with the springs I have. How ever I have some questions if ppl can chime in please.

1- Is it true that Koni shocks are made to suit 2010 model zed upwards? I personally don't believe that - but it doesn't hurt to check.

2 - I have trust issues dealing with companies I buy from overseas - not good experience in the past. If I was to get the koni's (cheaper in USA than Oz) could I ask a forum member to volunteer to have the shocks mailed to them - so that they can check the items are all true and in order. Then mail koni's to me here in Australia? I would pay for all shippage obviously.

Just thought I would ask - I was looking to get the koni's from tyrerack.

While I am here, I thought I might also ask - are the Nismo S-tuned suspension kit you can buy, a worth while kit to get instead of just getting shocks?

I have been toying with the thought of getting the GT-spec under body bracing 6 & 4 point + rear strut cross brace. Much more track time being the objective next year on a fortnightly basis during the dry season. I raced a lot last season but with friends cars.

The springs I have now are lower than stock, wondering if the nismo suspension kit be a good idea to raise height of car to accommodate the bracing - as not to scrape while daily driving. I scrape a little now.

Also in the near future to install -
Z1 motorsports urethane engine/transmission mounts.
Diff bush kit (whiteline)
Upgraded oil cooler
Diff oil cooler
Quaiffe LSD with 4.08 final drive
Camber kits (rear camber kit + upper/lower control arms ... SPL??
Upper/lower front end bush kits.

At present my car has all the bolt ons
custom headers/custom cbe exhaust/hi-flow 100 cell cats
G3 stillen intakes
DBA4000 slotted rotors front+rear
ENDLESS mx72 pads (brembo brake calliper package came with car)
braided brake lines and braided clutch line
EXEDY custom flywheel with organic clutch plate + heavy duty csc.
Whiteline sway bars front/rear
19inch stock rays wrapped with Potenza RE50 275mm rear/ 245mm front

It is all a matter now for handling upgrades I had been holding off until now that I need new shocks.

Phew....long winded post, but I appreciate in advance comments to come.

Cheers
Pierre
PEPI is offline   Reply With Quote