Thread: Got rear ended
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Justice97
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 370Z MB M6
Justice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond repute

This is always a gut call to me and since it is a nice sports car, OP made the right call.
I rear ended a firebird in a pontiac about 10 yrs ago. I asked them not to involve police because I was throwing up and didn't want to wait. I had a fever and blah blah. Anyway I told insurance the truth when they called to verify and I never heard another word. Rates never went up either. Not a lot of damage though.

I too had a vehicle back over my hood. This was my 280, never called the cops never got insurance involved, until he realized i was not allowing my hood to be drilled and bondo crammed in it. I demanded a new hood and bumper and he was like ok, insurance will take it. He fessed up honestly and his insurance covered it.

I barely bumped a lady at a yield and she had to have the cops involved. Being a young kid I did not have insurance because I was unemployed and well those were the times for a poor mexican kid. Wasted my day and cost me a couple hundred(no insurance ticket) over a light bump, she threatened to sue for whiplash and take my car away. The cop laughed because there was no damage and laid into the lady. What a stupid woman.

I can understand why people don't want police involved, insurance though, I don't understand that at all.
Justice97 is offline   Reply With Quote