View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
SmokeEater27
Base Member

Drives: Like OJ In A Bronco
SmokeEater27 is on a distinguished road

OP, I say if youre blessed enough to be able to drive a 370z then so be it. I just think in general being 17 and owning a 370z or any nice sports car is going to come with the "spoiled snot nose teen" stigma. Now how you react to it can either make or break your image within a car community or forum such as this. Humility will always take you a longer way and is more respected in every aspect of life; as opposed to some young guys of your age group who try to come on here and boast or claim they've worked "So hard" to get their car. I would also say that no matter how much you tell people you wont drive like a "ricer" or drive like fast and the furious everyone is going to relate to their own experiences from being young once and probably having a car accident in their time. Hell when I was 16 my first car was a 95' beat to sh!t toyota camry. One day driving I thought that I could reverse like a champ and at higher speed. I ended up hitting a mailbox and in a panic of thinking I put the car in drive i hit the gas again to only keep going in reverse and hit a parked car (I honestly was a Sh!tty driver at that age). Luckily my car was a hooptie already but i did have to replace the mailbox and pay for the other damaged car. So unless you're Richard Petty's son and you were born behind a steering wheel you're still going to have alot of real world driving experience to obtain and the Z might not be the perfect car for that in my honest opinion. But more power to you if you can afford it or have family willing to help pay for it. If you get the car enjoy it and try not to do anything too stupid or atleast save it for a track day or something. Nice bimmer by the way and welcome to the forums.