View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
nicknick
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mazda mx5 2007 6sp m
nicknick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaReagan View Post
hi, fellow zenthusiasts! just bought my first z, a silver 370 base with the 6mt. traded a 2004 bmw 330cic and i don't miss it a bit. in fact, i bought the z because it was the first car that drove better than both bimmers that i have owned. i know i'm breaking the first post rule - i'll post pics soon.

on to my question. there was a black part in a plastic bag in my trunk when i took delivery and i'm not sure what it is. looks to be a two-piece chin but i'm not certain. part # embossed on it is as follows: 62823 1ea0a. before i get flamed, i did a search but came up empty.

while i'm asking for help, i'll also offer a little detailing tip that i used today. after drying the z, she continues to drip from the side mirrors, headlights, tail lights, z side marker, etc. to prevent this and keep myself from repeatedly going over these areas with a chamois, i use my shop vac to suck the water out of the cracks using the crevice tool. being careful not to touch the paint, it works like a charm.

anyway, sorry for the long first post. great site, i'll be here often.
just use an electric leaf blower to dry the car, that way you are minimising the "touch" factor and hence minimising swirls.
nicknick is offline   Reply With Quote