View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #185 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMIT View Post
I bet a million dollars that salesmen have even worse stories from customers. Ones that think they are expert car enthusiasts, when they are not. Ones that think they can negotiate... When they have no clue. Ones that believe every thing a salesman tells them.

It's funny when people complain about salesmen not knowing the product. It usually doesn't translate to a lower transaction price for those that know more about the car. Learn how to negotiate and it will get you much further than product knowledge.
This is one thing that I would very much like to get better at. I'm actually a good salesman and I can negotiate, but I no nothing about auto pricing and where the inflate the prices, so I don't know what's reasonable to fight them in and what's not.
It basically goes, I want a lower price, they say no,it's below msrp (or whatever) and I don't know what reasons to quote as to why they should do what I want lol.

I will say that when I bought my wife's audio A4 they tried to put a $990 "dealer document fee" in there. Googled it and found that it was just a bs markup so I called them on it, got it taken care of. Ended up getting a 2007 Audi A4 with 35,000 miles in great shape for $18,000. Not to bad but I wonder if I could have done better...

Zdayz 2014!!
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote