Thread: MN Z owners...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #468 (permalink)
SmoothZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: giant sandworm
SmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnz View Post
Never heard of anyone ever saying problems from condensation, cause wouldn't that happen to everyone else that drives in the winter also? I just do it so the fluids don't and don't get clogged anywhere. Kinda what lance said, motors are made to be running. But i haven't took my battery out yet, is that something i should do or i should be safe just starting it up once a week?
Think about the difference between a daily driver and a stored car. The DD burns off whatever happens each day or other day. The stored car sits with fluctuating temps depending on your garage settings. If you keep warming it up to get the fluids going, I don't think that will harm the car. I simply think it's better to have the car sit w/o being started. I used to do the routine of starting it every week or 2 a long time ago, but over time I realized more people left the car alone and didn't start until it was ready to be driven.

The fluids don't get clogged. It just settles.

I normally take the battery out of the car and store that in the house basement or have it sit on a work bench in the garage. Just don't let the battery sit on the cold, concrete floor or it will drain. Otherwise, go get yourself a battery tender.

"I talk to myself, and when I do that, I know I'm talking to an intelligent person."
SmoothZ is offline   Reply With Quote