View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Well, something interesting I've noticed. Fact has it, the G37 has this same problem, rumor has it that the EX35 has it as well. This all worked out perfectly. My sister owns a 2008 EX35 with 14,000 miles on it. I live near the city we get our Infinitis serviced at. I also own a 2009 FX35 besides my Z. I CANNOT hear the high-pitched noise in my FX. I CAN hear it lightly in my sister's EX35. It's not as loud as the 370Z, but it's there. Same pitch... Similar location. I think the Infiniti SUV's must have the ECU hidden behind more sound insulation.

I'm trying to get in touch with my customer service rep, but we are playing phone tag. This could be kind of a biggie for Nissan and Infiniti. My Z makes my ears ring. The EX was much less, but it's there. Thank God my FX doesn't have this problem. I have 12,000 miles on the FX and about the same on the Z. I am really ticked about this stupid "ringing" noise. It actually feels good to get in my FX and hear things normally. The EX, eh, so-so, but that ringing, loud or soft, shouldn't be there to begin with. What a blunder.