View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I got the 14K/11K Fortune 510. It is not stiff enough for track use only. At the middle click range, the car felt exactly like stock. I didn't notice a difference until the very top end of the clicks. Even then the car is still not stiff enough. Everything seems to be working like it should, but $2000 on the coilover was such a mistake. I should have just gone with the sway bars and camber arms instead. I am still pissed I lost my datalogs, now I don't know what the exact difference is.
Weight of our cars are a big factor. Just going up in spring rates doesn't seem to be the only effective way to help with handling. I've been told by a great respected Z driver that 18K in the front is where to start. If not at least 15K.

Sways have always been the biggest gain of all my Z cars.

Besides Shamu I will have the lightest Z here with a full cage. But I'm not in any spec form of racing. Nor will I ever. I've have cut weight in areas that you wouldn't never see if you were looking right at it. My car will be corner balanced in the next few weeks for finally numbers. And I still haven't gotten my single exhaust and 2pc rear rotors.

Last edited by SPOHN; 12-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.
SPOHN is offline   Reply With Quote