View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Depending on what that will cost, maybe you could do some fortune auto 510's.

We have similar setups, or will be when complete. Here's my survey I did for them and their response. Of course they will build them properly with valving etc.

"Based on your intended usage and vehicle, I would recommend:
15k front and 13k rear spring rates."
Well first I love true type coilovers only. No doubt there's a slight advantage there. There's only two companies I know of at the moment that make true type for our cars. One being JRZ's. Definitely the most over rated coilover there is with a price that's flat retarted (only speaking of there entire level setups). Course they are from another country so I assume cost would be more. Every track guy I know at the track has said this to me.I just don't believe in spending crazy money for certain things.

But as another true type coilover is Stance GR+. No doubt under rated. I have track eight days on these and they are awesome. Yet they are only one way adjustable. The springs rates are 13K and 6K rear. In which on a true type setup 6K rear is the same as 11K OEM setup.

After contacting Stance they will build any setup you want for our car. So I'm looking at about $2200. This spring rates of my choice, custom valving, and separate compression and rebound with external reservoir. They have coilovers up to $3.5K.

Last edited by SPOHN; 12-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.
SPOHN is offline   Reply With Quote