View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #831 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

I've driven my friends frs for a week, granted it was automatic but at the end of day 5 I was itching to get the hell out of it!

I was averaging about 25mpg and I was taking it up to redline pretty often. Just like jlo said, it's like a 250cc bike, except slower lol. What made it worse is that he upgraded the wheels and tires to 18" with some wide sticky summer tires, so the car would never chirp any gears no matter how hard I tried...
2nd gear redline very sharp corner wouldn't break traction, honestly the car made me sick driving it.

The only pro that I can think off is the amount of looks it got (that was about 6 month ago), and it did look pretty bad *** with wide tires on the rear.

Also the engine sounded like it had crickets in it, something about that direct injection.