View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
ruxtpin
Base Member

Drives: 2014 VW GLI
ruxtpin is on a distinguished road
Default Paint-chip touch-up and then clear-bra? Or re-spray and then clear-bra? Or ne...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
What most people do is Option 1. But there's some truth in what Junkman2008 said. If you're going to get them touched up make sure it's professionally done and looks great. Paint protection film doesn't make them more noticeable but doesn't make rock chips any less noticeable either. Scratches and swirl marks will be much less visible however.

Adding clear bra to the vehicle will help prevent future damage, and if you plan on selling the car in the future it will help preserve resale value.
That's what I'd been leaning towards. I found an automotive paint repair shop nearby that lists bumper rock-chip repair as one it's primary services. Was going to see what their estimate would be with my problem spots, and then once they're fixed have the clear-bra installed after - ASAP. If I thought I was keeping the Z for the next 5+ years then I'd go the more expensive route, but I'm hoping to get one of the new Vette's in a few years; I'm not wanting to dump money in to performance parts (just stuff that will keep it looking clean so I can get as much back as possible for it).

Last edited by ruxtpin; 12-23-2013 at 07:40 PM.
ruxtpin is offline   Reply With Quote