Thread: When you Shift
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #44 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsu View Post
no a friend of mine said not to do anything to it untill im 100% comfortable with it so ill take his advice on that now.

another question i have is when im on a uphill, i never have smooth shifts N-3....why is that any advice for that? do you even sshift into second on the hill or just goes 1-3?

or do ijust give it more has cause the rpm's fall faster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Nothing wrong with putting in the clutch helper spring. It will give you better feel of your clutch. Sorry to say this, but your friend is incorrect.

Did I read your question right, are you saying you're skipping a gear while going uphill? I never do that, going down hill-yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Your friend has no idea what he's talking about. Being able to feel the engagement point will make your life so much easier.
to all the above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsu View Post
lol lets not bash on the friend. but im slowly feeling the engagement point with muscle memory and i do feel the car move slightly foward, i just had to listen to her abit instead of trying to force her to things my way. just drove up hill down hill side hill curve left curve right stop lights traffic...in the rain. lolll i had to keep telling my self not to brake but all in all it was a good experience
Let's bash the friend!!! Bring out the pitchforks!!!
No but seriously, your friend has never driven a 370Z and/or is 100% wrong.
OTHER cars have a clutch pedal feel... The 370Z doesn't... At all...

Taking the spring out takes it from almost the WORST transmission to pretty good, bit clunky, but who cares? Best mod you can do on a manual.