View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
bumblez
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Amuse 370z
bumblez is a jewel in the roughbumblez is a jewel in the roughbumblez is a jewel in the roughbumblez is a jewel in the rough

Ok.. I just got my new battery yesterday which was 5th battery under advance auto parts warranty. Long story short, I had serious battery drain issue since I got my car new in 2009. I couldn't realize that there was drain because I drove z everyday. After I purchased an another daily car in 2011, I noticed this issue. Took her to the dealer 3 times and they couldn't finde any problem. I finally decided to do a parastic drain test yesterday right after installed new battery. I found total draw to be around 500 to 600 mA. General rule of thumb specs are 50mA maximum. When pulling the push start fuse, the draw drops by about 20mA. VIOLA~ I looked up the diagram and brown wire from push start switch directly goes into BCM. I know the switch is not bad cuz without pulling fuse, disconnected switch, total draw was not changed. The total draw changed only when the fuse were removed. MAybe the BCM is bad???? As of now, still can't figure out what's the problem. Any one had been done test or fixed battery issue, please help!!
bumblez is offline   Reply With Quote