View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
voided
Base Member

Drives: 2014 WRX Hatchback
voided is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtul View Post
GL on your sale, my 2014 that I ordered will be $33,900 for base 7AT but every available option it can get. However, there are not many options to add and I assume yours probably has similar, but there is no way you'll get 33k for it. Some people have said about 29K and I would say that is probably the best you can hope for, but I would think that would be a very generous offer. What cars are you thinking of getting?
I think you're right on all points. Tax savings aside, i still prefer the idea of selling privately before I go for another trade. I got raked across the coals when I traded in my Mazdaspeed 3 (I still think getting rid of it was a mistake).

My top choice right now is a used ('07-'10) BMW 335i sedan, but I'm still keeping an open mind. I've thought about a Cadillac ATS/CTS, the new Mercedes CLA (still too new though), Volvo S60 or similar.... pretty much anything with a quiet, comfortable interior, decent amount of storage capacity, low road noise, respectable mileage, and a fair amount of power on tap.
voided is offline   Reply With Quote